Face to face approach is the key to success in B2B events
The key to a successful B2B event is as simple as getting face-to-face to your prospects. Well, we say simple, but the truth is, that holding an event that is highly effective and hits all the right buttons can be anything but.
There are many formats of B2B events to organize, but the best two types are still In-person events and Online events such as Webinars and Live-streaming.
But it is a fact that bottom line people do business with people. Therefore the power of any event lies in the opportunity it generates for personal interactions. Keeping that in mind while organizing the 10th Conventa – where we created the chance for 130 exhibitors from New Europe to get face-to-face with 290 hosted buyers from 48 countries around the world.
The final point to remember with whatever type of event you go for is that at the end you need a detailed evaluation of what happened. To note down all the successes and failures, so you know what to improve, add or change the next time. And to get the feedback from attendees – in the end, they are the ones whose opinion matters the most
And so, on this years Conventa, we question our exhibitors about what they like and what they dislike about B2B events. And we came down to this:
The Likes about the B2B events from the hosted buyers perspective:
- Networking: Meeting new potential partners, new business connections getting to know new people, meeting the peers, meeting providers and buyers in person, personal communication, new contacts, chance to meet colleagues personally,…. were the most common answers.
- Education in terms of quality workshops, professional details, sharing knowledge, learning about other business and destinations…
- Informativeness providing detailed information, immediate information,…
- The atmosphere seems to be one very important part of an event. Relaxed atmosphere, familiar atmosphere, very pleasant, nice, positive aura in the meeting hall were the answers from our exhibitors.
- Organization level is very important for such events to run smoothly. And of course, there is nothing like a good the After Party to close up the event. Good music, dancefloor, and a few top cocktails help you to meet your colleagues even better.
The Dislikes about B2B events from the hosted buyers perspective?
- Timeframes: too long/ short meetings, waiting for appointments, time-consuming….were the most common comments.
- Relevancy of the meetings.
- Meetings that are not informative enough
- Not enough new people and new information
- Nothing was a surprisingly common answer. So good job for us!
The Likes about B2B events from the Exhibitors perspective
- Personal communication, direct contact with hosted buyers, one-on-one encounter with potential clients
- High-quality meetings
- Scheduled meetings with potential clients
- Quality hosted buyers
The dislikes about B2B events from the Exhibitors perspective
- Losing time on irrelevant meetings
- Hosted buyers that are not interested or that have no potential
- Fake hosted buyers
- The “same old faces” on every event
- Limited period for presentations